An £108 million investment to tackle youth unemployment in 21 areas of England
The aim of the Leeds City Region Talent Match Project is to engage with approximately 2,300 young people aged 18-
Talent Match is targeting young people who are furthest from the jobs market, including those who are completely outside of the benefits, work and training system and facing severe barriers to gaining the skills they need to get into work.
SESKU Academy which has so far achieved 35 job outcomes for 18-24 year olds from 1st April 2014. SESKU Academy has now been commissioned to work with an additional 23 unemployed young people between 18 – 24 years through the delivery of the Talent Match Programme. The programme provides volunteering opportunities to assist young people to gain skills through volunteering on 4 weeks placements to build up work experience through being mentored by experienced staff. Talent match offers support such as travel, lunch and refreshments, work clothing and driving lessons and licence costs. As well as social outings such as trips to Alton Towers and Scare Grounds and other attraction as part of the programmes incentives.Nathan Young Key Worker aged 20 who has been supporting young people is enthused by the changes in young people, and how they have gained employment over the past 9 Months.“I believe it is important that Talent Match is available to support young people and help them gain new skills, qualifications and find a paid job, which is what they really want”.Ben Lawton aged 21 who has been on Talent match for 5 weeks. “My confidence was low after being turned down for job after job, then I found Talent Match, so far I have achievedQualifications in first aid, health and safety, CCTV and even gained a knowledge to set up my own business and now I am ready to apply for the job creations, I am over the moon to be honest”
Talent Match offers support in confidence building workshops, CV building, Interview techniques, careers advice and the following courses
- Business Enterprise Level 2
- Customer service level 2
- Emergency First Aid Level 2
- SIA Door Supervisor
- CCTV Operator Level 2
- Risk Assessment Level 2
- CSCS Card
- Social Care Level 2
- Team Leading Level 2
- Health and Beauty Level 2
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- And courses young people identify that will help them gain employment. All courses are free of charge and are nationally recognised by employers.
Talent Match also offers Job Creations which matches young people up with work places that pay young people to work at the companies for 30 hour per week for 6 months with an option to then employ them on a full time basis .
Any young person interested in joining Talent Match please contact SESKU Academy on Tel: 01977 641461 Email: email@example.com
Please check out our Case Studies for good news stories that show how important talent match key worker support is at helping young people achieve their potential.
Check out the SESKU Academy Talent Match video filmed at the Burntwood Community Centre.
Here is short play created and produced by our Talent Match guys to show how they have grown as people and how its has changed their attitudes and behaviour and work ethics.
Talent Match will boost opportunities for young people in these areas by bringing together partnerships of employers, education providers and others, led by local charities.
The investment was co-designed with young people, both centrally and in each of the 21 partnership areas, and will continue to have young people at the heart of decision making throughout the programme.
Updated slideshow every month of whats been happening at SESKU Academy Talent Match
SESKU Academy will be working hard with young people to give them the opportunities to shine in the workplace and gain the skills and experience they need to achieve their goals and ambitions. SESKU will be giving young people aged 18 -24 the right training and support to gain employment in different sectors.
Security Talent Match
We are giving young people the skills and qualifications to enable them to work in the security industry,
SESKU Academy will provide full SIA Security Training, CCTV, First Aid, Health & Safety and Customer Services combined with on the job training and employment opportunities.
...to create a spectacular panorama slideshow!
Sports / Youth Work Talent Match
If you like working with young people and encouraging them to participate in sports and fitness.
There are five main principles underpinning SESKU Academy Talent Match programme:
• Young people at the centre – Our approach starts from the premise that all young people have talent which can be nurtured and developed to the point of employability. Our plan was co-designed with young people, and the programme will continue to have young people at the heart of decision-making.We will actively challenge negative perceptions of young people and celebrate their achievements.
• Building bridges – Talent Match ‘guides’, drawn from youth organisations, will help young people successfully navigate and access the opportunities that are the most suitable for them along their pathway to employment using a central online ‘hub’. The programme will build stronger, practical relationships between businesses, voluntary groups and existing service-providers, with dedicated Talent Match Key Workers leading on the involvement of local employers.
• Staying local – SESKU Academy Talent Match partners are working closely with young people, youth organisations, employers and business leaders to design local solutions to the problem of youth unemployment. Work is ongoing to understand Wakefield districts economic growth sectors, identify employers’ demands for skills and determine the key challenges and opportunities. This information will then be used to both inform regional skills and employment strategies and positively influence young people’s career choices.
• Transferable skills – The programme has a strong focus on volunteering activities that increase the employability of participants through the development of key skills and experiences that are transferable into a working environment. SESKU Academy will develop and evaluate the inclusion of meaningful volunteering activities within the Talent Match programme.
• Learning and evaluation – There is a focus on trying out new approaches and evaluating what works in supporting unemployed young people towards sustainable employment, whilst ensuring that this learning remains as a legacy when the programme ends.
For more information about Talent Match and the benefits it can bring to tackle youth unemployment please contact us.